New cabinetry can completely transform the feel of a space and heighten its aesthetic appeal. Unfortunately, many homeowners who invest in new cabinetry aren’t thrilled with the results because they didn’t take the time to carefully consider every aspect of the design. While every home is different and there is plenty of room for you to express your own unique style in your space, it’s still a good idea to consider how your choices about your cabinetry will affect the end result.
Even something as small as the hardware you choose can completely change the way your cabinetry looks. Read on to find out what cabinet hardware in Colorado is likely to work best if you have dark cabinets!
Cabinet hardware styles
Your cabinetry probably won’t feature the same exact hardware style throughout. Instead, it’s likely that you will mix and match knobs, pulls, handles and hinges to create a cohesive aesthetic in your kitchen. If you have dark cabinets, you should consider unique hardware colors, shapes, materials and styles to accent the look of your cabinetry. Dark cabinets are sleek, sophisticated and understated, so adding bold cabinet hardware will create visual interest without looking overwhelming. Try ornate pulls, stone knobs or bright metallic handles.
Regardless of what kind of hardware you choose, make sure you select hinges that match the material and color. Your hinges might seem like a minor detail, but they’ll stand out if they don’t match your hardware. Here are some tips on how to choose your hardware material:
- Brass: Brass is one of the most popular materials used for cabinet hardware. It’s naturally shiny, durable and easy to maintain. This material has a beautiful metallic appearance without being overly shiny.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is another popular choice for cabinet hardware. This material is an excellent choice if you want to create a more modern or contemporary aesthetic in your kitchen. As an added bonus, this material is resistant to corrosion, so it will last and look great for years.
- Stone: If you want to incorporate earthy elements into your kitchen, stone hardware is a great way to go. You can choose from a wide range of textures, shapes and color patterns to add a completely unique visual element to your kitchen cabinetry.
- Ceramic: Ceramic hardware can create a one-of-a-kind, vintage look in your kitchen. There are a lot of great style and color options out there for ceramic hardware, ranging from sleek, classic white ceramic to ornately designed, colorful hardware.
- Crystal: Crystal and glass cabinet hardware are luxurious options that add the perfect amount of sparkle to a kitchen.
Find quality cabinet hardware in Colorado
Find out more about the best cabinetry hardware options for your specific space, style and preferences by reaching out to the team at Custom Door Hardware. Since 2000, our team has provided custom door, window, drawer and cabinet hardware in Colorado to a wide range of commercial and residential customers. We understand that every space is different, which is why we are dedicated to offering an extensive selection of high-quality products for our customers to choose from. Call us today to find out more about what we have to offer!
Categorised in: Cabinets