You may rarely think about them, but your door handles are some of the most important aspects of your home. After all, without a door handle, how would you get into different rooms? A door handle isn’t just a door handle, though—you need to ensure that you have the right handles (or knobs) for each room in your house.
Since there are tons of factors to consider when shopping for new door handles, we’ve put together this handy guide to help you make the best possible decision. Continue reading to learn what to consider the next time you’re in the market for custom door hardware in Colorado:
- Security: Your exterior door handle’s top priority is making sure you’re safe and sound inside your home. Your two main options for exterior door hardware are mortise locks and tubular locks. While tubular locks are easier to install, they provide much less security than their counterparts. Choose a handle with a mortise lock, and you’re bound to sleep better at night knowing that your home is safer from intruders.
- Lever vs. knob: Now that you know how to be safest in your home, it’s time to decide whether you want a door lever or a doorknob. Since both perform the same function, the choice really just depends on your personal preference. One thing to note, though, is that levers are much easier for children and people with disabilities to open. For this reason, take some time to consider the needs of the people who live in your home before you make a buying decision.
- Function: Will this handle be fitted for a closet door or a bedroom door? Believe it or not, it makes a difference! For doors that lead to bedrooms, bathrooms or other private or semi-private spaces, you should install a handle that has a locking mechanism. On the other hand, doors that just open to a closet or hallway don’t really need to have a locking function.
- Style: You want your door hardware to match other aspects of your home, so if you have a modern-style home, you should consider going with a modern-looking door handle instead of a more traditional style. Thankfully, the possibilities are nearly endless nowadays, so you’re guaranteed to find a handle that looks great on each door in your home.
- Material: Just like with style, be sure to choose a material that’ll match other aspects of your home. Choosing the right material can be tricky, which is why we recommend browsing our showroom to see the very best of what’s available.
- Budget: Last, but certainly not least, you’ve got to consider your budget while you’re out shopping for new door hardware. Though they’re important, you don’t want to blow your remodeling budget on replacing your door handles.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a stainless steel knob or a brass lever, we’re your go-to source for custom door hardware in Colorado. We carry a huge variety of handles for interior and exterior doors, as well as for cabinets. You won’t find better deals than at Custom Door Hardware. Come see us today!
Categorised in: Uncategorized