There are just some things you shouldn’t go cheap on. This is all too true when it comes to upgrading areas or features of your home, even if the upgrade is small like replacing a front door handle and lock. Think about it—your home’s locks are locked and unlocked and the doorknob twisted, pushed and pulled several times a day. It’s no wonder that door hardware can jiggle loose over time. But what should you do when the day comes when simply tightening the screws and hinges is no longer a viable fix? You need to install all-new hardware.
If you are replacing door hardware in your home or business building, it is best to just skip over the cheap stuff. Here are five reasons why you should choose high-end door hardware in Colorado instead:
- Better quality: If you buy your home door hardware from a reputable seller, then chances are you’re choosing hardware brands made by known companies. High-end hardware will cost more, but everything about it will be better than cheap hardware—the appearance, the durability and the usability. However, this is not to say that a seller might not offer products of varying quality, so be sure to compare prices and quality before you buy.
- Aesthetics and style: No matter where you shop for door hardware, you’ll likely find an assortment of options at different prices. If the lower priced products look cheap, then they are probably constructed cheaply as well. Luckily, the craftsmanship of high-end door hardware typically results in aesthetically pleasing handles, doorknobs, locks and decorative door accessories. Match the hardware with your style to ensure a comfortable flow throughout your home or business.
- Curb appeal: Next to the door itself, the hardware on your main entryway door is one of the first things people see when they walk up. Yes, door hardware contributes to the curb appeal of your property. For this reason, you’ll want to choose quality handles, locks and extras like door knockers to dress up your front door. You can rely on high-end front entryway door hardware to greet visitors to your home in style.
- Security: Residential door locks that are well-made can keep you and your family safe. Home security works a couple different ways. First, a working door lock keeps would-be thieves from getting inside your house and robbing you. Locks also keep your loved ones safely inside—namely small children, relatives with dementia and pets—from leaving the house and accidentally wandering off.
- Long-lasting: You’ve heard the saying “you get what you pay for,” and this certainly applies to door hardware. Good quality locks, knobs and other door hardware typically last a lot longer than cheap, low quality hardware products. This means they won’t damage as easily, and you won’t have to replace them as frequently unless you are looking for a change in style.
Custom Door Hardware offers the biggest and best selection of high-end door hardware in Colorado. We offer both wholesale and retail hardware. Call us today and let us know what we can do for you!
Categorised in: DIY