Recommended Styles for Doorknobs
When it comes to home design, sometimes the smallest details are the ones that matter the most. Even doorknob styles in Colorado can make a difference in the overall appearance and curb appeal of a home, so it’s worth it to shop around for the doorknob materials and styles that are right for your space. There are numerous different doorknob styles that all offer unique features and advantages. Read on to find out more about some of the most popular doorknob styles.
Doorknob styles in Colorado
There are many different home styles, each with a unique aesthetic. When selecting doorknobs, consider the style of your home to find hardware that will look the best. Here are some of the most common home styles and the doorknobs that look the best with each one:
- Rustic: Rustic homes have farmhouse features like large porches and bright exterior paint colors. These homes are designed to be bright and airy, with simple, classic design features. Black doorknobs in a satin finish contrast with bright paint colors and create distinct visual interest.
- Victorian: Victorian-style homes have a very distinct look featuring vintage details, asymmetric design elements and multiple towers and turrets. Complement the unique features of Victorian-style home design using ornate doorknobs in antique brass finishes.
- Modern: Modern homes are defined by sleek lines, steel and concrete construction, contrasting colors and geometric architecture. Every detail in modern home design is essential to the overall aesthetic of the space, including doorknobs. Square door hardware with geometric levers instead of circular knobs looks great on modern homes. Choose door hardware in a sleek nickel finish for a streamlined look.
- Craftsman: Craftsman homes are made with lots of natural materials like exposed beams and stone masonry. These homes feature big, wooden doors that are heavy and distinct. Simple, distinguished door hardware brings balance to these large doors. Choose door hardware in matte black to contrast with the home’s earth tones and stained wood.
- Ranch: Ranch-style homes are very common and feature a lot of popular, classic design elements. These single-level homes have standard, uniform architecture and exterior design. A simple, modern doorknob is subtle and understated. A simple knob or lever in a satin nickel finish is a great addition to a ranch-style home entrance.
- Mid-century modern: Mid-century modern design is based on design elements and architecture made popular between 1945 and the late 1970s. Mid-century modern-style homes feature a lot of windows and sloped roofs that create a distinct exterior look. Simple, slightly curved door hardware in chrome accents this home style perfectly.
Different styles of doorknobs in Colorado
Browse different styles of doorknobs in Colorado and find the options that are perfect for you with help from Custom Door Hardware. We are custom hardware experts with years of experience providing high quality wholesale and retail hardware options to our customers. No matter what you’re looking for when it comes to door hardware, you will find exactly what you need in our inventory of products. Get started with a product consultation by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: DIY