We know that fashion trends come and go, but did you realize there are trends in door hardware that also change every few years? It’s true, and you’ll want to keep up with these trends when shopping for door hardware. This post will cover some of the latest trends, so you’ll know what’s hot:
- Smart technology: Homeowners’ lives are getting easier these days, thanks to smart home technology. But these smart devices aren’t just limited to inside spaces—they’re also common in today’s latest door hardware. Smart locks that open with the touch of a button on your phone allow easy entry without fumbling for your keys.
- Increased security: Locks are getting smarter, and they’re also getting more secure. Smart locks are more secure than traditional ones. But even locks that still require keys are becoming increasingly difficult to manipulate, keeping would-be intruders out.
- Cabinet pulls: A growing number of interior designers are moving away from traditional cabinet doorknobs in favor of pull handles. Pulls provide a sleek, modern look for any kitchen or bathroom.
- Gold and brass: For years, gold and brass finishes were shunned in the interior design world, but these are coming back as some of the latest trends in door hardware. Gold or brass aren’t right for every knob or pull, but they look great on darker-colored doors and cabinets.
- Matte black: If your cabinets and doors are a lighter color, consider hardware with a matte black finish. Black can provide an upscale, modern appearance in homes with a contemporary style.
What hardware is right for you?
Now that we’ve covered some recent door hardware advancements, it’s time to start shopping for your new hardware. Here are a few things to consider while you’re browsing:
- Whole-home aesthetic: Even though they’re small, door hardware pieces can transform the look of a room or entire house. For that reason, your door hardware must fit with your home’s overall aesthetic. We recommend speaking to a professional interior designer to ensure your hardware will look right in your house.
- Personal taste: At the same time, you don’t want to rely solely on what an interior designer says. Since you’re the one living there, you want to ensure you like the look of your hardware. Take your time when browsing for hardware to find something you’re likely to be comfortable living with for the foreseeable future.
- Budget: Door hardware can get expensive pretty quickly, especially if you’re upgrading all of your cabinetry or doors. Shop around to find the best deals on hardware, so you don’t blow your entire budget upgrading your doors. After all, there are probably plenty of other improvement projects you still need to tackle.
Shop at Custom Door Hardware today
Regardless of the hardware style you’re interested in, be sure to buy your products from Custom Door Hardware. We have a vast selection of retail and wholesale hardware from the industry’s top brands. Come in today to see our inventory or give us a call to learn more about the latest door hardware advancements!
Categorised in: Door Hardware