An Overview of Different Types of Decorative Drapery Hardware
When you’re tired of plain curtain rods and curtain rings, it might just be time for decorative drapery hardware. Custom window hardware can transform the look of your window treatments, allowing you to get the exact look you want, made to fit your home’s specifications as well as your décor.
Whether you need curtains on a track or rod, and whatever the size of your windows and doors, you can get just what you need. Here are some of the options to consider when you’re investing in new custom window hardware:
- Curtain track systems: Curtain track systems are good for ripple fold and pinch pleat drapery choices. When the curtains are opened, they move along the track and are gathered neatly at each side of the window. When shut, they can lay flat, depending on the type of curtains you own. Some curtains will maintain their ripples or pleats even when shut, which can make this a lush-looking addition to your home. Worried that you can’t have a curtain track on your curved walls? There are specially designed curved track systems that can help.
- Curtain rods: Many people prefer the look of curtain rods. When you can choose virtually any color, size and shape—and accent them with finials—your design options are vast. Choose a color or metal that will coordinate with your décor, or contrast to make the hardware stand out.
- Finials: Finials are the decorative ends on either side of a curtain rod. They add a little extra flair to your window treatments, and come in a variety of styles and shapes. Choose anything from a fleur de lis to decorative spheres.
- Wall brackets: Wall brackets hold the curtain track or curtain rods. They’re not as immediately obvious as the curtain rods, rings or finials, but you should get ones to match the rest of your decorative hardware.
- Curtain rings: Finally, you can choose curtain rings that work with your drapery, curtain rods and your style choice. Whether you want the curtain rings to blend in or stand out, there are plenty of options available.
What to consider before ordering
When choosing custom window hardware, think about the look you want to achieve and how often you expect to open and close your drapery. These factors can affect which type of hardware you choose.
Another important factor to consider: are the curtain rings or grommets large enough to fit around the curtain rod you chose? If the rings are too small, they either won’t fit or will make it more difficult to open and shut your curtains. The last thing you want to do is wrestle with your drapery on a daily basis.
Finally, make sure you have accurate window and wall measurements. This will ensure you get the right size curtain rod or curtain track, as well as one that can adequately support your curtain’s weight.
When you need custom window hardware, the team at Custom Door Hardware can help. Call us today to learn more about our selection and styles. If you don’t see what you need, we can special order it from our suppliers.
Categorised in: Window Hardware