Remodeling a room requires you to make a lot of hard choices. What structural changes do you want to make to your space? What appliance upgrades do you want? What color will you choose for walls, flooring, cabinetry and, of course, hardware? Just thinking of them all is enough to drive a person to decision fatigue.
Thankfully, you don’t have to make all these decisions on your own. Looking at the home hardware and decor trends for 2022 will allow you to see what experts in the interior design field are loving at the moment and help you more clearly envision what these small details look like once installed in a space.
Read on to learn more about the home hardware trends of 2022!
Popular hardware options this year
Whether you’re looking to replace cabinet pulls and knobs or sinks and faucets in your home, checking in with current trends is always a great place to start. While your own personal preferences take precedence in the end, looking at what new and innovative materials, colors and pairings people are using now may give you inspiration.
Here are the top trends in home hardware:
- Matte black finishes: The sleek, modern touch of matte black hardware is incredibly popular this year—a move in the same direction as oil-rubbed bronze. Whether you have modern or vintage cabinetry, this style will elevate any space you’re looking to change up.
- Satin black finishes: Matte not your thing? You’re in luck—satin black is another hot trend this year. Whether you go with knobs or pulls, satin black hardware will give any color cabinet a modern, clean look.
- Latches: This type of hardware has quickly become a popular alternative to the classic bar pull. While it may not be practical for everyday cabinets, they’re a great way to create a European farmhouse look on cabinets or an armoire.
- Mix and match: While people have traditionally used either knobs or bar pulls in their home, the rules have loosened considerably in 2022, and many people are choosing to mix and match rather than using just one. Of course, this is all personal preference. If you’re trying to refresh existing cabinets with new hardware rather than getting all new cabinetry, it’s much easier and more cost-effective to stick with the hole spacing on your previous hardware.
- Square bar pulls: Giving your cabinet a timeless look, square bar pulls remain at the top of the list of popular kitchen cabinet hardware. In addition to coming in a wide range of colors, they have the added advantage of being relatively affordable when buying in bulk.
When you’ve reviewed these trends and know what you’d like to install in your home, talk to an expert about how you can achieve your home hardware dreams. The knowledgeable team at Custom Door Hardware are here to help, and we provide the most diverse selection of home hardware for windows, doors, cabinets, and drawers. Contact us today to get started.