The Best Smart Locks for Your Home
Are you still using a traditional key to lock your door? You may be missing out on some of the benefits of smart locks. These locks can be opened and closed with a phone app, they can be set to automatically unlock when you approach them, and they can provide enhanced security for your home. You can create custom codes for family and friends and track who is coming and going, ensuring that your home is only open to those who you want to be there.
There are many smart locks on the market, so it is crucial to do your research to find the one that best suits your needs. We’ll be discussing five of the best smart locks of 2022.
- August Wi-Fi Smart Lock – If you’re looking for the best smart lock for home, the August Wi-Fi smart lock is an excellent option. One of the best features of this lock is that it works with other smart home devices such as Google Assistant, Alexa, HomeKit, and others. It also comes with another crucial feature known as DoorSense, which lets you know whether your door has been left open. The installation process of this smart lock is also straightforward. However, it may be a little pricey compared to other locks on the market.
- Kwikset Halo Touch Fingerprint Smart Lock – The Kwikset Halo Touch is a fingerprint smart lock that comes with a modern, sleek design. The most notable features of this lock are that there are multiple ways to unlock it, including fingerprint, voice, phone, and keys. It has built-in wifi so you can connect it to your home network and control it with your smartphone. Other features about this lock are that it’s easy to install and supports Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. However, it does support IFTTT or HomeKit, and it comes at a high price.
- Schlage Encode Smart Lock – When an unauthorized person tries to access your home, you may want to be notified. That’s where the Schlage Encode Smart Lock comes in. This lock has a built-in alarm that will sound if someone tries to tamper with it. The installation process is easy, and it can be connected to your home network via wifi so you can control it with smart home systems like Google Assistant and Alexa. It also comes with the Amazon Key feature, which enables Amazon delivery people to leave your packages inside your home. It has its cons, such as the lack of support for HomeKit.
- Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro WiFi Smart Deadbolt – This is a reliable smart lock that offers a wide range of features. The Ultraloq U-Bolt Pro comes with a built-in fingerprint sensor, so you can unlock it with your finger. There are also multiple other ways to open it, such as using its keypad, voice, traditional key, or mobile app. That doesn’t mean that it’s not secure. It’s a secure lock that uses high-grade encryption. That way, you can be sure that your home is safe. One notable disadvantage of this lock is that it doesn’t support Apple’s HomeKit.
- Nest x Yale Smart Lock – If you have a Google home, then you might want to consider the Nest x Yale Smart Lock. This lock is easy to use and has been designed to work with Google’s smart home systems. That means you can use voice commands to open and close it. The installation process is quick and easy. It doesn’t come with a physical key though. So, if you’re looking for a lock that you can still use with a traditional key, this may not be the right option for you. It also doesn’t support Apple’s HomeKit and Alexa.
These are some of the best smart locks of 2022. When choosing a smart lock for your home, it’s important to consider your needs and find the one that best suits them. Remember that the most important thing is to find a lock you can trust to keep your home safe. You can also talk to a home locks expert to get more help with choosing the right smart lock for your home.
Categorised in: Door Hardware